Demolition & Excavation
Before any demolition activities, there are many steps that need to take place such as performing asbestos investigation, removing hazardous materials, obtaining necessary permits, submitting necessary notifications, disconnecting utilities, and development of site-specific safety and work plans.
The typical demolition of a building is accomplished as follows:
1) Assess the worksite and remove all hazardous material
2) Removal of roof structure – this can be carried out with machines or manual labor
3) Excavator will demolish the remaining structure sorting out the material for recycling
4) Non recycleable items are transported to the tip
5) Recyclable material are taken to recycling yards
6) Safety and cleanup considerations are also taken into account in determining how the building is demolished.