Before any demolition activities, there are several steps that need to occur in the demolition process such as performing asbestos investigation, removing hazardous materials, obtaining necessary permits, submitting necessary notifications, disconnecting utilities, and development of site-specific safety and work plans.
The typical demolition of a building is accomplished as follows:
1) Assess the work site and remove all hazardous material
2) Removal of roof structure – this can be carried out with machines or manual labor
3) Excavator will demolish the remaining structure sorting out the material for recycling
4) Non recyclable items are transported to the tip
5) Recyclable material are taken to recycling yards
6) Safety and cleanup considerations are also taken into account in determining how the building is demolished.
Type of demolition work Ronnies carry out include:
- Residential / Domestic
- House demolition
- Office and Apartment Blocks
- Civil Projects
- Contaminated Site Remediation
High reach demolition excavators are more often used for tall buildings where explosive demolition is not appropriate or possible. Excavators with shear attachments are typically used to dismantle steel structural elements. Hydraulic hammers are often used for concrete structures and concrete processing attachments are used to crush concrete to a manageable size, and to remove reinforcing steel.
Water is used to control the dust during the demolition work.